Friday 23 February 2018

Best Before

Our bodies are a kaleidoscope,
limbs entangled in damp silk,
hearts pulsing to the drum of now,
yesterday, today,
tomorrow.
“You’re so perfect” you breathe,
calluses tracing my veins,
oxygen filling my lungs, and I wonder
if you can feel the fractures
of my imperfections.
Our love is a precious metal
and I can’t find the polishing cloth,
sulfur tainting the shiny of our new
and I wonder when
I’ll no longer fit the width of your finger.
“You’re wonderful” you sigh,
and I hear the hands of the clock forget to keep count.
I watch the sun freeze mid waltz in the sky and I feel the pressure
of forever
wrapping its fingers around yours,
around mine.
Our bodies are a kaleidoscope,
limbs entangled in damp silk,
and I wonder if you’re tracing the corners
of my expiration date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In Need

I’ve seen cities that bleed. Unpaved streets drowned in desperate mothers, starving fathers, and crying chil...